Well, it has been one hell of an eventful ride these past 6 months in the Happy Humans neck of the woods! At the risk of tooting our own happy horn, we thought you may be interested to have a sneak peak behind the scenes on our wins, our lessons learned, and our pathway forward as we fine-tune the real value Happy Humans can bring to the small business family. In true HHC style, transparency is king so excuse us while we hang out our dirty laundry for the world to see.
1. We pivoted (like bulls in a fine-china shop) numerous times in order to uncover, and respond to the biggest people pains small businesses have. This is what we found out to be consistent at the core of most businesses:
Developing a people strategy in order to execute the business strategy (HR strategy development)
Retain the star players, and flush out the misfits, while aligning with the legal parameters, and honouring our moral compass (ER/ IR)
Out-of-the-box thinking to evolve the business into an employer of choice (Proactive employee engagement, aka Peakon)
Providing employees exceptional emotional support (Our internal Employee Assistance Program and accurate employee advice)
HR compliance with modern awards, Fairwork Australia, and the National Employment Standards (HR foundations)
2. We won our first client with 0 employees! Whilst this client was exceptionally proactive, it signalled to us that we are successfully communicating the importance of setting up strong HR foundations before growing the team
3. We signed our first international client! Hello Asia!
4. We set out to diversify our client base and are proud to be working alongside clients in the Construction, Real Estate, Medical, Tech, Advisory, Manufacturing, Electrical, Performing Arts and Auctioneering spaces!
5. We have been fortunate enough to forge incredible professional partnerships with BusinessDEPOT, My Business Garage (Howdy Daniel!), Workplace Law Group (Hi Sarah!) and NB Lawyers (High five Jonathan!), so watch this space
6. Happy Humans are now proud members of CCIQ, QUT Alumni, Australian Human Resource Institute, Like Minded Bitches Drinking Wine, Bayside Women in Business, and Bayside South Development Forum
- The value of integrity and upholding the HHC ethos at all times
- The art of always finding small improvements and adding additional value for our clients,
Xero, you have changed our life!
- Our employee engagement tool, Peakon, really can predict attrition!
- Taking a break- Happy Humans were stoked to sponsor a modest, but extremely talented group of humans as they dominated the Bridge to Brisbane 2016 last weekend, and at the Gold Coast corporate triathlon!
- The benefit of reinvesting into the business. The more we grow the more we are pumping back in to further the value we can add to our client’s people growth
In the Pipeline
Without letting the cat out of the bag, we are working on a few awesome digital ideas that will make HR much more easily accessible for all kinds of start-up’s, small businesses and sole traders.
Got a hand to lend?
- Open to recommendations for software developers!
- Co-working space suggestions
- We need a SEO super star
- And if you consider yourself a Content Creative please hit us up!
Have a great weekend and don’t be shy to come say hi!